Wivelsfield School is a Primary School for children aged 4 to 11.
In each school year (September to August), East Sussex Primary Schools try, where possible, to admit all children whose fifth birthday falls in that year and the Education Authority lays down a policy for planning admissions during that year. All children may begin school from the beginning of the school year.
Parents who would like to discuss admission for their child/children with the headteacher are invited to make an appointment to visit the school.
The arrangements for the admission of children to this school at age 4+ are made by the County Council.
Details of the admission process can be found on the East Sussex County Council Website East Sussex Admissions Portal and the admissions team can be contacted on 0300 330 9472
The school is responsible for managing in year admissions.
However, parents may find it helpful to know that, if there are insufficient places available to meet demand, they will be allocated in accordance with the following list of priorities:
- Looked after children and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or subject to residence orders or special guardianship orders) immediately following being looked after.
- Children who will have a brother or sister* at the school at the time of the admission and who live at the same address, within the pre-defined community area.**
- Other children living within the pre-defined community area.**
- Children who will have a brother or sister* at the school at the time of admission who live at the same address, who live outside the pre-defined community area**.
- Other children
* Children are ‘siblings’ if they are full, half , adoptive or foster brother or sister living in the same household.
** Each home address in the county falls within a community area although living in a community area does not guarantee a place.
Children who have a brother or sister who joined the school prior to 1 September 2017 and who is still on roll will be admitted under the previous arrangement which gave priority to brothers and sisters regardless of whether they live in the pre-defined community area or not.
Our Published Admission Numbers (PAN) per year group from September 2017 is 30 pupils per year group.
Wivelsfield Primary School is an inclusive school. Reasonable adjustments will be made to enable the admission of pupils who meet the criteria of the Disability Discrimination Act 2005. If your child is disabled or has a medical condition, you should discuss the matter with the Head Teacher. Please note, we like as much information as possible about your or your child’s disabilities. This helps us to make access to learning as good as possible, for both pupils and parents.
Detailed information about the admissons process can be found here East Sussex Admissions Portal